Rock-solid security. It’s just one of the many reasons that enterprises around the globe are migrating to Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.
ASE 15 data encryption and security technologies protect data from both internal and external security breaches. Offering the perfect combination of regulatory compliance and customer privacy, ASE 15 allows you to protect your data more effectively than ever before, keeping data secure at all times—whether in transit, when accessed or while at rest.
Secure the Facts
Your data is fully protected with ASE 15. Let’s just say that the numbers don’t lie.
- Sybase ASE 15 has obtained the highest level of internationally recognized security certification possible for a general software product (Common Criteria EAL4+) on more platforms than any other database vendor. Tell me more.
- ASE 15 has the fewest database vulnerabilities in the market over a 12-month period, according to the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT).
- 17 percent of data leakage is carried out by company insiders³. ASE’s unique at-rest encryption protects against insider threats. Read more.
³ Source: Identity Theft Resource Center: “2009 Data Breach Insider Theft Category Summary” (Jan. 2010)
Security by the Numbers
- 254 million¹ - the number of U.S. resident data records that have been involved in security breaches since January 2005
- $6.75 million² - the average per-breach cost facing U.S. businesses today
- $31 million² - the cost of the most expensive data breach event recorded
- 58 percent² - the percentage of companies that expanded the use of encryption
- 44 percent² - percentage of data breach expenses attributed to lost business
¹ Source: Privacy Rights Clearinghouse: Chronology of Data Breaches (June 2010)
² Source: Ponemon Institute LLC Annual Study: “Cost of a Data Breach”(Jan. 2010)